Friday 9 May 2014

Omelet au Fromage & Asparagus

Once in a while I treat myself to a more elaborate breakfast. May it be pancakes, scones or even some fancy eggs I always make sure that it will be high in proteins. This morning was no different! My omelet au fromage along with some lean bacon, tomato & asparagus was certainly the tastiest breakfast I've made myself in a while, I devoured it. 
In the end I put the berries into the freezer for a smoothie later on,
 I couldn't possibly eat another morsel. 
What will you need: 
  • 4 Egg Whites
  • 1 Egg 
  • 40g Extra Lean Bacon
  • 1 Small Tomato (I prefer mine peeled) 
  • 3 Asparagus 
  • 20g Mozzarella 
  • Chives 
  • Olive Oil (or Coco nut oil) 
Fresh from the Market 
Method: 
  • Whisk the egg whites and egg until fluffy
  • Add the mozzarella in small chunks 
  • Add the chives and seasoning of your choice
  • Heat a pot of water and a pan
  • In the hot pan crisp your bacon and cook your tomatoes until soft (I do these together so that the small amount of fat released from the bacon can be used to cook the tomatoes), once done keep to the side.  
  • In the pot allow the water to simmer and place 5ml of olive oil into another small pan 
  • Pour the egg mixture into your warm pan and allow to cook on a low heat
  • Add your asparagus to the simmering water and allow to simmer for 5 minutes (until bright green) and then drain 
  • Once your omelet starts uncurling from the sides of the pan, cover your pan so that the omelet can cook from above (this also allows the cheese to melt and prevents the omelet to completely dry out) 
  • When your omelet is cooked to your liking fold over and place into your serving plate. Add the bacon, tomatoes and asparagus to complete your dish.
Fluffy Eggs :D 
Nutritional Information: 280 kcal
  • 40g Protein
  • 11g Carbohydrates
  • 10g Fat 
  • 4g Saturated Fats
  • 5g Sugars
  • 4g Fiber
  • As well as Vitamins A & C, Calcium, Potassium & Iron 
Perfection, Enjoy! 
Enjoy alongside a glass of lemon and mint water or your morning cup of caffeine. 


Let me know your take on this recipe or tag me in your Twitter & Instagram posts @cocomllechloe 

Happy Cooking, 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment